Sunday 11 October 2009

Circular Walk from Hartington

While we were out walking yesterday, Pete and Keith were back digging at Water Icicle Close Cavern. They had joined us in the evening for a meal at the Miners Standard in Winster and stayed at our place. They planned to return to the dig today and Karen was also going for a trip down the cave and I went walking!
After we all had breakfast as usual at Monyash, where we also met Boyd with the same plan – breakfast anyway, if not digging, I said “see you later” and drove over to Hartington. I followed a circular route I have done several times before and after passing Hartington Hall, an impressive Youth Hostel. I headed across some fields and joined a track which led to the top of Beresford Dale.
Continuing down Beresford Dale it started to drizzle lightly. Continuing down Beresford Dale I reached Wolfescote Dale, until reaching the junction with Biggin Dale which I followed until after crossing some fields I was back where I started in Hartington.
I sent a text messsage to Karen to say I was returning to Monyash cafe at around 1:00 pm and after some cake and a mug of tea I decided to head for home but sent another text message to Karen first to let her know. As I was setting off, she rang to say she was just getting changed after her caving trip and I returned to the cafe to meet her.
Afterwards it was back home. Of course now the ran stopped and the sun came out!

No comments: