Saturday 9 January 2010

A Walk to Stanton Moor and Back

The cold and snowy weather continues. There was another light fall of snow overnight and although the forecast for today was for cold but dry weather, I decide to not risk driving due to the road conditions.
Karen was feeling under the weather due to having a cold – I have had one all week myself – and decide to stay at home.
I had a short walk from home across to Stanton Moor and walked along the edge overlooking Matlock and Darley Dale until I reached the Reform Tower.
From here I headed towards Nine Ladies Stone Circle where a group of walkers were having a break, then onwards to pass the trig. Point and then the entrance near the Cork Stone.
Following the road past Birchover Quarry, I dropped down the path leading to Birchover and passed the Druid Inn and then down a path towards Rocking Stone Farm.
Then along the valley edge leading across some fields until I arrived at the narrow lane leading from Birchover to Winster. Following the lane for some distance downhill, I passed through a stile back into more fields until I arrived near the Winster village pond passing a family out sledging and then up the path leading past the Village Shop back onto Main Street.
I only had to walk a short distance along Main Street and was back home.

Winster in the Distance
 
Icicles on a House in Main Street, Winster
 

A Field Wall and Snowdrift

Main Street, Winster

No comments: