Saturday 7 June 2014

Kinder Scout via Grindsbrook Knoll and Ringing Roger

Karen was again having a day at home and I again walked on Kinder's southern edges. Again I walked up via Grindsbrook Knoll, along the southern edge path and then down via Ringing Roger.
The weather forecast was for a wet day with heavy showers and possible thunder. Just before I left home there was a heavy downpour and some lightning but it didn't last very long.
I had an early start and was able to park in Grindsbrook Booth just outside the school which save me the usual £5 parking cost in the large public car park.

Luckily although it was very misty once on the plateau there were only the odd drop of rain as I walked along. I stopped on the crest of Ringing Roger to eat my lunch just at the lower limit of the cloud.

No comments: