Monday 1 September 2014

Haystacks

Another lovely day after a bit of overnight rain with a little before breakfast. We drove up the road to Gatesgarth Farm and parked in the car park. We followed the route along the wide track which heads for Dubs Quarry and Honister. We left the path to ford Black Beck near Warnscales bothy and passed Blackbeck Tarn and then Innominate Tarn.
Karen decided to take an alternative route which missed out the summit while I continued on the usual route over the summit and then down to Scarth Gap.
At one point as I dropped down a short scrambling section, I saw Karen some distance below and shouted. As I reached Scarth Gap, I started to wait for Karen to arrive but then I heard a shout and there she was coming down the path behind me.
She had dropped down some scree and ended up traversing to join the path from the summit. She hadn't enjoyed her alternative route!
We made our way down from Scarth Gap and back along the level track near Buttermere to our starting point at Gatesgarth Farm.










No comments: