Monday 14 April 2008

Saturday 12th April 2008 Walking on Kinder Scout


Karen joined Keith and Chris Jackson for a trip down Nettle Pot and I planned on a walk on Kinder Scout. I parked near Nether Booth and noticed the hill tops were white with snow.
I walked up the road past the farm on the Pennine Way and then followed the path towards Crowden Brook. As I gained height I started to find the snow laying on the ground and reached the start of low cloud. The nice little scramble at the top if Crowden Brook was interesting with the snow covering the holds so I put on some light-weight gloves and swept the snow off.

When I reached the edge of the Kinder plateau, I followed the edge-side path and after a while sheltered behind a gritstone outcrop to have a sandwich and a bit of coffee from my flask. After the short break, I continued onwards following around the edge of the plateau with another short break for lunch, again sheltering by a gritstone outcrop.
Eventually I reached the path leading down towards Grindsbrook Booth below Ringing Roger. After finishing off my coffee while sitting on a bench opposite the primary school, I followed the path leading back to Upper Booth and the car park.

No comments: