Saturday 19 April 2008

Saturday 19 April 2008 Caving Yorkshire

Drove up Friday night to meet Jim and Boyd in the New Inn, Clapham - we were staying at Greenclose. We met Andy there with his family. Jim knew him from work sessions at Bagshawe Cavern while Boyd had introduced his father to caving through the Orpheus!
Keith and Phil arrived in the morning while we were at Bernies. As Jim had not been down Alum Pot, and nor had Phil, we all had a trip down via the Dolly Tubs. I was finding the traverse part way down the Dolly Tubs pitch a pain due to my sore shoulder when carrying a tackle bag so I pulled the rope up and lowered the bag down. As it was then a lot easier, I continued on and met the others below the Greasy Slab. Karen wasn't feeling well so decided to head out and after getting to the top of the Bridge, I followed her out. Luckily we met a family group about to rig a rope on the short climb near the Cheese Press as I found it difficult to manage the climb with my sore shoulder.

No comments: