Sunday 11 May 2008

Sunday 11 May 2008 Rescue Practice Peak Cavern

Another warm sunny day and Karen decided to stay at home to do some work in the garden. I drove to Castleton and after getting changed at the Chapel walked to Peak Cavern car park to join some others by the DCRO van. A group headed for Speedwell and Colostomy Crawl while another group headed for Victoria Aven to support the divers who were diving Buxton Water Sump and were to simulate a rescue with communications and stretcher-carry and haul up Surprise View. I was assigned Control duty. I spent the time in my furry suit manning the main radio on the van and keeping the log on the grounds that as I was a new and therefore trainee leader, the experience would be good for me! Two others were on the other end of the radio with a Heyphone in order to communicate with the underground teams and position on the ridge above Peak Cavern.
After the debrief, I joined several others at the DCRO store behind Buxton fire station to sort out and clean the gear used during the exercise.

No comments: