Saturday 31 May 2008

Streaks Pot, Stoney Middleton

Karen and I met Pete and Keith at the Orpheus hut and then drove to Outside cafe at Calver crossroads for breakfast. After driving up and down Middleton Dale looking for a place to park we changed and walked up to Streaks Pot top entrance. Keith went in first and rigged the first pitch and we followed and I went last. It was a short crawl to the pitch head then a short drop to a ledge. I decided to stop here as I knew there were awkward places and I didn't want to risk injuring my shoulder again which was now much improved. So I said goodbye to the others and headed for the car to drop off my SRT kit and then return to the bottom entrance.
This was an easy clamber down about 8 feet in an oil drum which was concreted in. The continuation was low, so I squatted down and poked my legs through. This released a cloud of flying insects with big wings! I quickly stood up and clambered out again. I decided to wait for the others but when they didn't appear after 2 hours, I returned to the car and got changed. The three of them appeared not long afterwards: they had got a bit lost and took longer than expected.

No comments: