Sunday 7 February 2010

Betws y Coed, North Wales

Due to my trip on the pavement yesterday I had a sore knee so decided not to go walking again today. I was another clear and sunny morning but this time there was a hard frost overnight and frost covered everything outside.
After packing everything I looked for my car keys but couldn't find them. I normally keep them in my jacket pocket and I was wearing it last night when I fell over, so I thought maybe I had dropped them when I tripped. I quickly put on my jacket and hurried back towards the phone box and very luckily found my keys on the concrete below the railing next to the path! What a relief!
Returning to the hut, I had breakfast, settled with Boyd for the hut fees and packed the car. I drove to Capel Curig, stopping in the large lay-by near the Pen y Gwryd junction and took some photos of the view through Cwm Dyli to the Snowdon Massif.
I had a snack at the Pinnacles Cafe in Capel Curig and a quick look around the Joe Brown shop. Afterwards I drove to Betws y Coed and had a wander around then drove home.

No comments: