Sunday 17 October 2010

Notts Pot (but not me)

I had pulled a muscle in my back at some stage yesterday while underground and it was quite sore when I got up in the morning and I decided to wait until breakfast to see if it improved. Today, Notts Pott was on the Agenda and we had permits for both Notts Pot I plus Committee Pot/Notts Pot II.
We packed everything up into the car and again, it was back to Bernies for breakfast. I realised my muscle wasn't getting any better so decided to stay above ground today. During breakfast, Mike Child arrived as arranged and once breakfast was finished we drove back to Leck Fell. At the car park we met a pair getting changed for a trip down Short Drop Cave, then realised we could park at the gate back down the road and therefore be nearer to the field gate leading to Notts Pot.
So we decamped to the verge the other side of the road gate and after the others got changed, Karen left her stuff in Waggy's car and we arranged a location for Karen to leave his car key in case she surfaced before the others so that she could get changed and wait in his car until I returned.
Saying “see you later” I left the others walking across the fell to Notts Pot while I drove to Clapham for a wander around. Then a quick trip to Settle where I bought a newer lightweight version of the Paramo Torres Gilet (at 10% off!).
Then a tea and piece of cake in the Inglesport café back in Ingleton. There I ended up buying a Rab Stretch Vapour Rise Top...
Having arranged with Karen to return to Leck Fell before 14:00 in case she had a shorter trip than the others , I returned at 13:50, spent some time coiling up the ropes we had used yesterday but which weren't being used today, reading and snoozing.
Then at 16:30 or so I heard some rattling noise and saw Keith and the others walking up the road towards the parked cars.
After they had got changed, we all headed for home.

No comments: