Saturday 20 November 2010

Walk on Kinder Scout

We had planned on a walk in the Derwent Valley but in the morning Karen was feeling unwell and decided to spend the day at home. So we decided to postpone the planned walk for another day and I would spend the day on Kinder Scout.
I drove to Edale and parked in the main car park (which is £5 for over 4 hours which is pricey) and set off towards the Old Nags Head Inn and the start of the Pennine Way.
At the junction with the path leading up Grindslow Knoll, I stopped to remove the hood and sleeves section of my Paramo Third Element jacket and got the walking poles out before beginning the walk up to the summit of Grindslow Knoll.
From her I followed the edge-side path leading back towards Ringing Roger and stopped in the shelter of some gritstone boulders on the plateau edge to eat my lunch.
I continued onwards and followed the path down from the edge heading towards the top of rocky outcropping of Ringing Roger where I had a second short stop to finish off my flask.
Once that was done I dropped down back to Edale and back to the car park.




No comments: