Sunday 15 May 2011

Biggin Dale, Wolfescote Dale from Hartington

Karen decided on a rest day at home so I had a walk on my own from Hartington village following the route up the hill past the impressive Youth Hostel at Hartington Hall then across a couple of fields and onto a walled lane called Highfield Lane leading to the top of Biggin Dale.
Luckily the day was drier than yesterday with just a few spots of rain as I continued following Biggin Dale with a carpet of cowslips with a few purple orchids among them on the grassy sides of the dale.
This led me to the junction of Biggin Dale and Wolfescote Dale where I followed the broad path along the River Dove Northwards then across a large meadow and across a narrow wooden footbridge into Beresford Dale.
Soon I was back on grassy fields and a back where I started in Hartington.

No comments: