Sunday 19 September 2010

Walk from Hartington

Karen decided on a rest day at home as the weather forecast wasn't very good. In the end there was quite a lot of cloud and light rain. First a quick stop at the Orpheus CC Cottage to drop off some ropes from the recent Pyrenenan caving trip. Then I drove the short distance to Hartington.
I started from the centre of the village then up past the Youth Hostel to join a track after crossing a couple of fields.
The track led to the top of Biggin Dale which I followed to the junction with Wolfescote Dale. Then after walking down Wolfescote Dale next to the River Dove, instead of following the muddy fields towards Beresford Dale, I followed a track rising Northwards then a mixture of tracks and minor roads until I arrived back at Hartington village.

No comments: