Thursday 23 June 2011

A Walk from Castleton

I set off for Castleton and parked on the Square near the Youth Hostel and then after getting my boots on set off up Cave Dale.
Part way up it began to drizzle again and gradually increased.
Once I reached the top of the Dale, the rain was heavy enough to make it worthwhile stopping to get my over-trousers on.
I was soon on my way again with quite heavy rain and also wind as I passed a group of youths loaded heavily with large rucksacks, obviously a Duke of Edinburgh Scheme group.
I followed the track back Rowter Farm onto the main road then followed down Winnats Pass on the grassy verge. When I reached Suicide Cave, I took advantage of the well-sheltered entrance to sit and have the sandwiches I had made early this morning.
Gradually the rain stopped and as I headed off again, there were a few short outbreaks of light rain so I put on my Paramo waterproof cap instead of using the hood on my Paramo smock.
I was soon back in Castleton and then after getting my boots off, had a quick look at the outdoor gear shop and headed for home stopping of at Bakewell for a short while.

No comments: