Thursday 20 August 2009

Notts Pot II

Boyd had arrived last night and joined us in Bernies in the morning while we waited for Mark Silo to arrive for the day. Once all were ready, we returned to Leck Fell and Pete, Keith, Waggy and Dave headed for Gavel Pot while Boyd, Mark, Karen and me headed for Committee Pot and Notts II.
I was last climbing down the scaffolding and ladders and was going slowly due to a pulled back muscle and Mark returned to see what was keeping me. At the last short ladder I got my knee caught for a few minutes in a crack between boulders as I tried to climb over them and decided to head out as I was going slowly. So I told Mark that I would head back to the surface.
I waited in the car for about an hour and a half and the others arrived back. After they had changed, we were back at Bernies then headed for home as the weather forecast for Bank Holiday Monday was dire in the Dales but not too bad at home. Later Pete and Keith arrived at our place after leaving Gavel Pot early as it had been a slow trip due to Dave's lack of rigging experience. We went for a meal at the Miners Standard and they spent the night at our place.

No comments: