Monday 31 August 2009

Walk from Monyash via Lathkill Dale

While Karen planned to join Pete and Keith in the dig in Water Icicle Close Cavern I drove to Cotswold Camping to get a new Osprey Exos 46 rucksack as Pete and Keith went to the OCC cottage to sort out a rope. I met the three of them in the cafe in Monyash and after breakfast they headed for the dig and I followed the walk Karen and I had done recently from Monyash via Cales Dale and Lathkill Dale back to Monyash. I could see somebody at the mine - more especially a figure with a bright white light - as I walked down towards Cales Dale some three fields away.
I was back at Monyash at around 13:30 and after a mug of tea and small ice cream I drove up Derby Lane to find Pete's and Karen's cars parked by the gate to the field where Water Icicle's entrance shaft is located. I walked over to the shaft and found no sign of anyone and after waiting in the car for a short while, I decided to head for home. Just as well - the were to remain underground until after 17:00!

No comments: