Saturday 29 August 2009

Notts Pot

Karen and I travelled up last night and arrived at Greenclose to find only some NPC members there but no others from OCC. We went to Bernies in the morning and found Keith and Pete Collins already there. Pete Wagstaff and Dave Phillips arrived not long after.
After Bernies we parked up at Cowan Bridge then sorted the ropes and after leaving Waggy's car there, drove up to Leck Fell. Keith, Karen, Pete and I started down the Centre Route with Keith rigging while Pete Wagstaff and Dave Phillips followed the Left Route/Twilight Zone with Dave rigging for the first time since his rigging course. We got to the lower streamway and Keith was looking for the way on as there should have been a bolted traverse according to the rigging topo but he couldn't find any. Pete started climbing up through calcite flowstone and Karen didn't fancy a bold step to get to the climb. I wasn't too happy as I had got caught up at the awkward climb near the entrance with the cord on the tackle bag I was carrying. So I was only too willing not to bother with the last bit of the cave and the two of us headed out.
On the way out I could hear Dave and Waggy's voices as their route passed nearby - I tried shouting but they probably couldn't hear me as they didn't answer.

No comments: